The Santa Ynez Inn is a Victorian -style intimate boutique inn in Santa Barbara’s own wine country with a reputation for luxurious and personalized service. The Santa Ynez Inn has a picture- perfect backdrop for an intimate wine country wedding experience.
According to local wedding planner Kerry Lee Dickey of Santa Barbara Wine Country Weddings & Events , here are her top favorite things about weddings at the Santa Ynez Inn.:
- The site fee is considerably less than most wine country venues and includes several charming choices: the Parlour with a roaring fireplace, The Library with fireplace for intimate elopements, the Garden Lawn and the charming Coach House and adjoining patio. The site fee also includes a complimentary luxurious honeymoon suite at the inn the second night of your stay.
- The setting is truly charming and offers brides a genuine wine country inn experience. For those who love the wineries and vineyards, here are a couple of her most popular suggestions: 1. Have your full service florist design a gorgeous “altar” dripping with vines and grapes and bring the vineyard to the inn and include it in your decor 2. Include the wineries in another aspect of your wedding weekend: Farewell Brunch, Rehearsal Dinner, Wine Tasting and more.
- Events at the inn can go until 11pm (with music) in the Coach House and until midnight for a nominal extra fee. This is a very rare thing to find at many venues in Santa Barbara County.
- Guests can stay at the Inn, a treat in and of itself with their luxurious and personalized attention to detail, evening wine and hors d’oeuvres, evening dessert, turn-down service, and a gourmet breakfast the next morning.
- The bride and groom can be right on property for convenience in getting ready and at night’s end, sneak away to their honeymoon suite with little effort.
- The Inn is centrally located for convenient access to all wine country venues and activities and within walking distance to many fantastic wine country restaurants.
- They specialize in intimate weddings – around 80 and under (although special arrangements can be made for 100-150) and this allows them to really focus not just their wedding clients with personal attention but their wedding client’s guests and ensuring everyone who experiences the Inn walks away feeling the charm of a private home wedding and feeling embraced.
In short, a wedding at the Santa Ynez Inn offers many of the amenities of a private estate with a lot more flexibility and value. Many people have asked Kerry Lee what her favorite set up /design is for weddings at the Santa Ynez Inn , it is this: ceremony on the garden lawn with cocktails on lawn /patio area of Coach House and then transforming the Coach House into what feels like a Barrel Room. Through special draping, special uplighting (LBPS Events), feasting style long Ranchero tables, lots of candles, the Coach House transforms into an incredible and magical intimate barrel-room feel. Very romantic. If the weather permits, she loves to do fire pits out on the lawn with lounge furniture for s’mores for late night snacks (note: heatlamps are required for every outside event – even in summer, the temperatures drop) under the wine country starry night sky.
There are so many options at this lovely inn. For more information on hosting your wedding at the Santa Ynez Inn, please call the inn at: 805-688-5588.